Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Yad Vashem Tiyul

Today we went to Yad Vashem, the holocaust museum in Jerusalem. This was an experience that can not be put into words, and something that will impact the choices I make for the rest of my life. As we walked through the Museum and looked at all of the terrible things that happened to the Jews of western Europe during the World War 2 Era, I found myself having to hold my breath due to the inhuman nature of the things that the guide told us about. The hardest part of the museum to walk through was definitely walking through the children's memorial and hearing the ages of all the kids who perished in the holocaust. It was hard to hear the ages of kids that ranged from a babies age, to the age of my little siblings, to the age of my brother in high school, and finally my age. This experience is another experience that helps me be fortunate for all that I have in life, and most importantly the fact that I am able to live a full Jewish life.

No comments:

Post a Comment