Monday, February 28, 2011

Trip to Jerusalem for Shabbat

This past weekend we went to Jerusalem for Shabbat, to experience a Shabbat in the holiest city to the Jewish people. We went to the kotel, Western Wall, and it was amazing. There were people dancing all around and having an amazing time. It was the first time where I had seen people celebrating religion with true and utter happiness, since the Bar Mitzvah ages, and it was so cool. People dancing and singing, and people praying their souls out on the holiest night of the week, in the holiest city of the world. This was an eye opening experience, and one that made me feel even more connected to my religion then I had felt since I got here. We went to the kotel with one of our teachers, Danny, and to see how important it was to him to be there, and to experience Shabbat in Jerusalem was amazing as well. He loved it so much, and was getting really into the dancing and singing. It was cool to see a grown man with kids having fun with a bunch of teenagers. This experience for me was one that I think that every Jewish person should have and I hope that they get the chance to.

No comments:

Post a Comment